At The Lease Bureau we charge a fixed fee for all of the work we do, so that both the landlord and the tenant are aware of the cost in advance.
We do not charge office disbursements as these are included in our fees.
Effective 1st January 2021
NB. GST is payable on the fees quoted above.
The Lease Bureau prides itself on being able to offer a quick, reliable and professional service at a fixed fee for Lease preparation. In order to be able to offer this service, it is important that we keep the time we spend preparing the documentation to a known quantity. Accordingly, our charge for Lease preparation includes the following, but any further work outside of that, we charge for on an hourly basis. Please note that in the vast majority of situations no charge other than the fixed fee will be made.
If we believe that you are asking more of us than is allowed for, we will advise you and you can then decide on the appropriate course of action. We are quite happy to answer any queries you may have on our documentation or to provide a little advice as to what we see as the current state of the market. We do not, however, negotiate terms of Leases. That is rightly the job of a Commercial Property Agent or the Landlord, should they feel capable of doing it. If you wish us to get involved in negotiations with a Tenant, then we are happy to do so but we will charge per hour for our time.
Listed below are all of the activities we undertake and the costs allowed for when preparing a Lease for the fixed fee:
- Taking instructions and related attendances;
- Searching of the Certificate of Title to the Land being Leased;
- Preparing, printing and binding a draft Memorandum of Lease;
- Preparing (including making any required changes), printing and binding of an original Memorandum of Lease and distributing documents for signing;
- Receiving documents, checking signatures;
- Land Titles Office search fees;
- General Registry Office searches;
- Obtaining copies of plans;
- General office disbursements
Should you have any queries in relation to the above or our policy on any other matters, please do not hesitate to contact this office on 8362 4444